Tuesday, November 4, 2008

+ running list

things I like:

People who are nice and don't have to be. I was leaving work one day last week and on the stairs of my building a girl passing me said "I love the color of your sweater! It looks so good on you!" Out of the blue. I've never seen the girl before. Makes me go "aw, people are all right. Humanity is going to be just fine."
I should really do this more. Occasionally I will tell the random stranger that I like their bag or shoes or dress. I usually get a shy smile of surprise and a quizzical thank you. But mostly I think it in my head and never voice my positive thought. It feels good to have people acknowledge you. Other random good deeds also qualify under this, like: holding the door/elevator for some one, returning a dropped item, letting people cut in the grocery line. So basically I am awed at common courtesy.
Free trips. Yay! I get to go to DC for 24 hours! for free! Oh yeah, I do have to interview for a job in that time period. and explore the city to see if I can mesh with it.

This is the first post in my + (positive) running list. I might add a -(negative) running list, but I have to think about it. I want to think good thoughts and highlight what is right in the world. But I might want a place to rant. We will see.

No comments: