- the latin bakery that runs on mondays, wednesdays and fridays and makes the 3 blocks around it smell delicious
- hopscotch on the sidewalk
- the man with the push cart that sells ice water in flavors like limon, mango, coco, and rainbow
- stoop sitting
- the little girls that wave to me from their front window when I'm waiting for a light to change
- exchanging hellos with the crossing guard, or who ever happens to be on their porch
- the dog who seriously looks like Rowlf from the muppets
- the interesting fashion
- the soccer field that is never empty
- new community market
- only Target in the city
- things like this happen here
- the little hispanic woman that sits by the soccer field and sells agua and sliced mango, with sauce, just like in latin america
- the guy by the metro holding a paint brush and has an easel set up who asks for money for art supplies
- the Lincoln Continental with the "missing Linc" license plate
- This bar, opening this week!
Monday, June 21, 2010
Em and I had the opportunity to meet in St. Louis (although we didn't go to the fair or dance the hoochie coochie). It was hot and my overall impression was damp. Our room was damp, it was incredibly humid outside, and we went through some terrible storms.
We got out one night and we were able to go to the arch and to dinner downtown with my friend Lauri from Florida and her mom. The arch was incredible! I want to go back with my good camera, which didn't go on this trip. We walked through the museum in the bottom and Em bought some presents for the kids. As we walked to the restaurant it was just turning to dusk and the fireflies came out. Tons of them! It was magical.
It looks like the Washington Monument if you don't get the curve...
and I had to do some effects to lighten this one, kind of making it look like we weren't really there but photoshopped in...
But I've got the proof that Lauri went to great lengths to get that picture!