Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cherry {Bloom} Bomb

It's Cherry Blossom season in DC... meaning hordes of tourists. Also, April showers. Last week right at the peak of the blooms my office building took a walk down to the Tidal Basin. It's about a 10 min. walk, and there was about 50 of us. The weather was overcast and dreary, but luckily it didn't rain that day, just the day before and the day after. So the lighting wasn't the greatest, but I would trade that for the massive amount of people who went on Saturday when the weather was gorgeous. I went to the Mall and that was close enough for me.

Did I mention I took these pictures while trying not to lose the group? Meaning I didn't have much time to compose shots or consider light. I think they turned out pretty well considering I was sprinting.


The title of the post comes from the Spoon song You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb, which was playing when I started this post. Also, it's strange that I now have multiple posts with the word 'bomb' in the title, and I'm not even referencing '90's slang.

No comments: