Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Like comparing apples to... apples?

I am very picky about the variety of apples I eat. I can't help it. I'm spoiled. I like Galas. They are very tangy and don't seem to be as dry or mealy as the Delicious varieties. But, of course they are more expensive. I shop consistently at two grocery stores: Giant and Harris Teeter. Giant is a normal mid-to-low end grocer. Harris Teeter is much more high end. I got apples at both stores and happened to end up with one from each store at work. I couldn't help but compare them:

Wowza! The Harris Teeter apple is huge compared to the Giant. This is why I spend more at Harris Teeter! I buy 5 apples a week... the HT apples probably weigh twice as much. I ate the HT apple today. I've decided it's too much for me...I want my small produce, please! 

And yes, I've been reduced to blogging about the size of my produce. 

No comments: