Monday, September 29, 2008

investigating Indiana

It seems like I've been on the road for the last month or so. I visited Anna and Sam in Lafayette, IN, for a few days to check out their new set ups. While there, it constantly rained, but at least it was a reasonable temperature. Their apartments are fabulous, converted old houses in the historic district of town. I'm sure it will be pretty with a coat of snow, but also really cold. 
I met the girls' new friends and also saw our friends from the Honduras trip. It was great catching up with everyone and meeting the new people in my girls' lives.
The highlight of my visit was Breakfast Club at Purdue. Breakfast Club is a very unique tradition. For every home football game, Purdue students dress up in ridiculous costumes and go to the bar. At 7am. We saw everything from the Hungry, Hungry Hippos to Indians to Michael Phelps (with his speedo and gold medals of course). The girls and I dressed straight out of the 1980's, and I told people we were the Bangles. Our friends dressed as rednecks and pulled off the look impeccably. I would post pictures, but they could be used as evidence against me in the future.

2 comments:

Emily said...

When did you go to Purdue?

AlliJean said...

When I went to Indiana for that conference... I went and visited Anna and Sam at Purdue before the conference.