Friday, April 25, 2008

I never knew me a better time and I guess I never will


Last night I had the opportunity to see Sir Elton John in concert. It was an unexpected treat, mainly because I am poor, but my fellow grad student Anna is the keyboardist's cousin so we got free tickets that were pretty decent.

Anna got sick before the show, so I was scrambling to find someone to go with me. Unfortunately it seems that all my friends suddenly turned studious (that's what exams will do I suppose). I ended up taking Dr. Lori, a former UF professor who now works at Purdue and happened to be visiting this week. She loved it and I was glad that I could share it with her. 

Elton was amazing...I envy his musical abilities. I think I am such a big fan of music because I appreciate what other people can do that I can't. His style of piano playing reminds me of how my dad sits down and just starts playing blues and boogie... I love it!

I thought it was appropriate that he played Crocodile Rock while in the swamp. I especially liked the graphics in the background. 


2 comments:

Emily said...

Anna is the keyboardist's cousin?

AlliJean said...

Anna the grad student, not best friend Anna